One of my old cooks and good friend Rickey gave me a couple jars of pickles. I thought I was in for just another run of the mill sour vegetable. Boy was I wrong. I mean, mung bean and chinese chive pickle. Blew my mind. One of the things I appreciate the most about being a chef is the inspiration I’m given from cooks. Really, I would say fifty percent of what I put on a plate comes from an idea a cook gave me. Sure I have to sift through all the crazy things they suggest as well, but its usually worth it.
Why GB ChefingWhether opening a restaurant as a consultant, cooking private dinners or working on my own projects, this site will be used as a medium for sharing my experiences.
- Treasures of the alameda flea market are coming together. Marking trays, antique dinner knives and… instagram.com/p/q2X3-APTGc/ 7 hours ago
- Awesome surprise today. Our own wine label!!! Not just yet. But the wheels are turning. Thank you… instagram.com/p/q0AhuIvTLi/ 1 day ago
- We have fire #rumbleinthejungle #zolapaloalto @gbchefing instagram.com/p/qp3biJvTA7/ 5 days ago
- Saturday farmers market brunch. Pastries courtesy of @loveforbutter #thebutterlover instagram.com/p/qpH3piPTF0/ 5 days ago
- Team meeting trapzilla @gbchefing klimaxhdr #doorinthefloor instagram.com/p/qm7OoQPTJ3/ 6 days ago