One of my old cooks and good friend Rickey gave me a couple jars of pickles. I thought I was in for just another run of the mill sour vegetable. Boy was I wrong. I mean, mung bean and chinese chive pickle. Blew my mind. One of the things I appreciate the most about being a chef is the inspiration I’m given from cooks. Really, I would say fifty percent of what I put on a plate comes from an idea a cook gave me. Sure I have to sift through all the crazy things they suggest as well, but its usually worth it.
Why GB ChefingWhether opening a restaurant as a consultant, cooking private dinners or working on my own projects, this site will be used as a medium for sharing my experiences.
- Thank you Nathan. You continue to inspire us. @ Stanford University instagram.com/p/vy1L5rvTMK/ 1 day ago
- Pork loin & belly - Brussels - apples - turnips - maple - sherry - winter spice - lots of love… instagram.com/p/vuZU_kvTJX/ 2 days ago
- @CarolynJung thank you for such a generous write-up. It's mornings like these that re-inspire us #teamzola 4 days ago
- Happy #beaujolaisnouveau day! #zolapaloalto @kermitlynch @ Zola instagram.com/p/vpL2i0vTAk/ 4 days ago
- #zolapaloalto #americanredsnapper instagram.com/p/vo2I9lPTNt/ 4 days ago