One of my old cooks and good friend Rickey gave me a couple jars of pickles. I thought I was in for just another run of the mill sour vegetable. Boy was I wrong. I mean, mung bean and chinese chive pickle. Blew my mind. One of the things I appreciate the most about being a chef is the inspiration I’m given from cooks. Really, I would say fifty percent of what I put on a plate comes from an idea a cook gave me. Sure I have to sift through all the crazy things they suggest as well, but its usually worth it.
Why GB ChefingWhether opening a restaurant as a consultant, cooking private dinners or working on my own projects, this site will be used as a medium for sharing my experiences.
- RT @paulbienaime: Make sure to hit up Zola Palo Alto for the warmest pastries in the country! 🍪🔥🍯 http://t.co/Fwlj8yUssv 14 hours ago
- Great article. Thanks @Gulfishing nyti.ms/13aVcgQ 16 hours ago
- Memories of doing prep with Stan #learningfromthebest #pommesanna #stan theman #zolapaloalto… instagram.com/p/wxBUytPTO_/ 17 hours ago
- Inspired by villagepub. Sweetbreads, capers, golden raisins, veal shank ragu @ Zola instagram.com/p/wvGvn7vTLX/ 1 day ago
- @stephengillett opened up my own place. Downtown Palo Alto.! 2 days ago