One of my old cooks and good friend Rickey gave me a couple jars of pickles. I thought I was in for just another run of the mill sour vegetable. Boy was I wrong. I mean, mung bean and chinese chive pickle. Blew my mind. One of the things I appreciate the most about being a chef is the inspiration I’m given from cooks. Really, I would say fifty percent of what I put on a plate comes from an idea a cook gave me. Sure I have to sift through all the crazy things they suggest as well, but its usually worth it.
Why GB ChefingWhether opening a restaurant as a consultant, cooking private dinners or working on my own projects, this site will be used as a medium for sharing my experiences.
- @CarolynJung thank you for such a generous write-up. It's mornings like these that re-inspire us #teamzola 1 day ago
- Happy #beaujolaisnouveau day! #zolapaloalto @kermitlynch @ Zola instagram.com/p/vpL2i0vTAk/ 1 day ago
- #zolapaloalto #americanredsnapper instagram.com/p/vo2I9lPTNt/ 1 day ago
- Zola gift cards now available for the holiday. #comeandgetit @ Zola instagram.com/p/vjtHDvPTJ0/ 3 days ago
- @J4buckeye it's been busy. But any night other than Friday Saturday is usually good. 4 days ago